Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spiced Peanut Dipping Sauce - Dairy Free



I made this recipe up on a whim nearly 3 years ago.  Miss M loved to have something to dip her apples and carrot sticks in when I packed her lunch but, I also wanted her to get more protein, so this is what I came up with.  I served it at her 4th birthday party with apple slices, celery, pear slices, carrots, crackers & pretzel sticks.  It seemed to go over really well with the party guests and I put the recipe on my personal Facebook page to share it and completely forgot about blogging it until I whipped some up last week.  It's quick & easy to make and will keep in the fridge for 2-4 weeks (depending on when your Almond Milk is set to expire).  I also like to dip a banana in it for a simple breakfast.

Ingredients:

1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1 TblsSp Maple Syrup OR Honey
1 1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice (Recipe for Homemade Here)
1/2 C unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

Directions:

  1. Place peanut butter, sweetener of choice and apple pie spice in a medium mixing bowl.
  2. Drizzle just a little milk and start mixing quickly while slowly drizzling more milk...it will seem thick, curdled and pasty at first...just keep stirring.
  3. Once all of the milk is mixed in, it should be creamy and slightly fluid.
  4. Dip & Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment