Thursday, June 27, 2013

Homemade Apple Pie Spice



Making your own Apple Pie Spice is super easy.  There are tons of different variations out there.  I based mine off of an old Apple Pie Recipe and added cardamom because I LOVE it. This is not just for making Apple Pies either.  I use it often in my Spiced Peanut Dipping Sauce.  I also use it in my super simple Fried Apples recipe (which I toss on oatmeal, pancakes and my favorite...vanilla coconut milk ice cream).  A single batch of this should last you a good while.

Spices:

1/2 cup ground cinnamon
2 TblSp ground allspice
4 tsp ground nutmeg
4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Directions:

  1. Put all spices into a jar (I love to re-use my Maranatha Almond Butter jars for stuff like this...so easy to reach a measuring spoon in and scoop what you need or your fingers if you just need a pinch).
  2. Close lid, and rotate jar until spices are well mixed.
  3. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment