Organic Whole Wheat & Apple Oat Bran Muffins
Ingredients (* = Organic) :
1 1/4 C Oat Flour*
1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour*
1/4 C All Purpose Flour*
1/4 C Wheat Germ (If you have Organic on hand I'd use it...I didn't so, no astrix)
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Beaten Egg*
3/4 C Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/4 C Agave Nectar*
1 Tbl.sp. Veg. Oil
1/2 tsp. Apple Pie Spice
1/4 C Dry Rolled Oats for Garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
- Mix DRY ingredients in a Med. Bowl
- Mix WET ingredients in a separate Med. Bowl
- GENTLY Fold WET ingredients into DRY until just moistened. (Do NOT overmix or stir fast, as this will cause a denser, tougher muffin).
- Fill Muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle Dry Oats on top of batter.
- Bake for 16 Min.
- Let cool & enjoy every guilt free bite!